Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cleaning out the Carport!!

Well, Mike actually had nothing to do this weekend but to shop and work around the house! My mom introduced me to "it's deductible.com". I'm addicted. Don't bother with garage sales people!!! We tubs of clothing, shoes, purses, comforters, ect under the carport waiting on that moment we have nothing else to do but have a garage sale (they have been there for 3 months and counting and the calender is only getting more full)!! So I checked out this deduction thing online (provided by turbo tax). It's addicting!! We had so much fun Friday night sorting out clothes and entering everything in to the website and watching our amount we will get back on taxes go up! This was the easiest garage sale ever and we made 400 bucks in 2 hours of going through clothes! I highly recommend this method over the pricing, paying for an ad in the paper, waking up early, dealing with people stealing... garage sale. I have never looked forward to tax season-- but I am this year!!

Saturday, we took our own advice and went shopping for Cancun clothes. We really racked up and saved a ton of money!!! I thought this was going to be a painful day (having to drag Mike shopping). For all of you that don't know, we have to drive 1.5 hours to get to a mall. The day started early and successful at Kohl's (I LOVE THIS PLACE... great for guy stuff). Next hit the mall hard. Got tons of stuff and Mike didn't complain all day. I figured out if you feed the guy really good at lunch... he'll last a longer in the mall. He started to crash when I started shoe shopping... so we called it quits after I bought my bridal flip flops and got home before dark!! SUCCESS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment